With your help, Pressing On wants to celebrate the survival of Hamilton Wood Type & Printing Museum. Right now we're 35% away from out goal thanks to the support 424 amazing backers! If we reach $50,000 by 7pm on Saturday, May 16th Hamilton Wood Type & Printing Museum will become Executive Producer of the film.
A previous documentary featuring Hamilton Wood Type showed a dire situation and 6 years ago the museum's fate was uncertain. Now, under the gallant leadership of Jim Moran, Bill Moran and Stephanie Carpenter, Hamilton is thriving in it's new home in Two Rivers, WI.
NEW BACKER REWARDS:
$30 - Hamilton Wood Type Note Cards (photos) Mmmm wood type!
$50 – Skyline Type Foundry Item
Chose a Type Font, set of Decorative Initials, Ornamental Border or Dingbat Collection up to the "H" Price Code in the Skyline Type Foundry Specimen Book & Catalog. Generously donated by Sky Shipley.
$1000 – Skyline Type Casting Apprenticeship + Foundry Item
Spend 2 days as part of the crew at Skyline Type Foundry experiencing all the jobs in the shop in Prescott, AZ. Experience casting type on a Thompson Typecaster with Schuyler (Sky) Shipley. + Chose an item up to the "H" Price Code in the Skyline Specimen Book & Catalog. (travel and lodging not included)
$1500 – Virgin Wood Type Apprenticeship
Learn to cut wood type with Geri McCormick and Matt Rieck at Virgin Wood Type in Rochester, NY. Pantograph cut to your hearts content for 1 1/2 days making end grain maple ornaments and simple shapes (no fonts). Take home everything you make! Donated by our friends at VWT (travel and lodging not included)
- Thanks to (a few) of the 424 Backers who are cheering us on and sharing the film:
- Jennifer Ackerman-Haywood who interviewed me for a CraftSanity Podcast.
- To the printers contributing to the Ladies of Letterpress Challenge!
- Hatch Show Print said "...we are aware how it is important to document the story so it can be told long after we're gone."
- Martha Chiplis, co-author of For the Love of Letterpress, is a fan of Dave Churchman and the documentary.
- "This is going to be excellent teaching material for undergrads!" declared Ian Lynamof VCFA + Ian Lynam Design.
- Letterpress Artist David Wolske creator of Letterpress Daily encourages, "Please, people, Press On… then pass on!"
We truly appreciate all of you for believing in Pressing On and being a part of making it a reality. Keep sharing the link via social media or with folks who would want to help preserve letterpress printing: http://tinyurl.com/letterpressfilmKickstarter
Warm regards, Erin and the Pressing On Team